Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does an animation cost and how long does it take to produce?
- The first step is to obtain a quote from us. This involves sending us a detailed description of what you want your animation to look like and further details of what your project is trying to achieve.
- We can then respond with further questions specifically about your project to get an idea of production and labour requirements and give you an achievable timeframe for your project to be completed. If you have a particular completion date in mind this can also be considered.
- Once the finer details of your project have been discussed and if you are happy with the quote, payment terms and deadline, you can accept the quote and the animation process can begin.
2. What is the animation process?
Typically the animation process follows the following sequence:
- Animatics (rough drafts of your animation)
- Final Revision
For further explanation of these terms, please contact me.
3. What are your payment methods?
- For all payments we can accept Paypal and direct bank deposits.
4. Can you replicate something I’ve seen elsewhere?
- We can use animations found elsewhere as guidance in the look and feel of your project.
- Please also note that some images and animation sequences produced by big mainstream studios take large teams of people to produce therefore we may on occasion be required to hire subcontractors to assist at an additional cost. This would be discussed with the client prior to engaging any outside services.
5. What kind of projects do you take on?
- Craig’s repertoire consists of mainly medical animations, still images and video editing however he has also dabbled in architectural animations and will also consider other types of animations depending on your requirements.
6. How many animators do you have in your team?
- Craig is the sole animator however subcontractors may be employed on a needs basis depending on the requirements of the project.
- The team extends to Craig’s wife, Helen who attends to administrative duties.
7. Can you supply voice overs and live action footage?
- Voice overs and live action footage can be arranged at an additional cost. This will involve engaging the services of outside sources and will be discussed with the client.
- If your original quote does not include additional services and you wish for us to arrange some, a supplementary quote will be offered to you and if you accept this, the cost will be added to your final invoice.
8. Can you supply still images and place logos in your animations?
- Your logos and images can be incorporated in your animation. You just need to provide the files.
9. How long is the average animation sequence?
- An animation sequence can range from around 30 seconds upwards in duration but it could be more or less depending on the purpose of your project.
10. Where are you and how can I contact you?
- We are based in Sydney, Australia. You can contact us Monday to Friday by phone, email, web contact form and Skype (by prior arrangement). Craig is flexible with times to allow for differences in time zones wherever you happen to be in the world.
11. Will you agree to enter into a non-disclosure agreement for my project?
- Yes. We respect that some projects need to be treated discreetly and under strict confidentiality.